Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dancing with the Stars - Niecy Loves Her Body

Season 10 of Dancing with the Stars premiered last night. I'm not a diehard fan, but I will watch it ocassionally. I stumbled upon the premiere kind of by accident. Even though I didn't see all of the celebs and their routines, I did happen to be near the television when television host and comedian Niecy Nash performed. You may recognize her as the host of Clean House or as a police officer on Reno 911, but it was what she was saying in her pre-performance interview that got my ears to perk up.


Niecy is plus sized, something they like to play up for her character on Reno 911! In her interview for Dancing with the Stars she expressed concern. Not concern for her size or her skills, but concern for her shape. Niecy says that she likes her body and her "jiggly parts". She says that many celebs get on the show with the intention to get skinny but Niecy is hoping to stay the same. She even expressed how important it was that she keep her "jiggly parts" in tact to her partner. And boy did she ever look smoking in her gold sequined mini dress.

While she may not be out there in a two piece like some of the celebs this season, she looks good and knows how to dress and accentuate her body. She is truly beautiful, and has great character and personality. I hope that she inspires some of us (maybe even me) that you can get out there and dance, wear attention getting costumes, and flaunt your personality if you are plus sized. No body said there is anything wrong with that, and Niecy is a great example of finding charm in someone different than the norm. I will be rooting for this season!

No comments: