Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Perfect Jeans - Review

Every plus size girl knows that finding jeans can be one of the most gut wrenching tasks. Something as common as jeans shopping can be really quite traumatizing and not having a pair of jeans that you are comfortable in limits your wardrobe options. So when I determined it was time to throw out my old jeans last week I was dreading finding a new pair.

See, I've never quite found a pair that I loved, I jump around from brand to brand, buying different sizes, lengths, and washes hoping to find that one special pair that is made for me. And I know that when I find them I will never again have to search through millions of jeans. It puts a lot of pressure on the jeans shopping task.

When I found these Levi's online I knew I was interested. They are the Levi's 590 Women's Plus Fuller Waist Boot Cut Jean. I had loved Levi's jeans in college but hadn't tried any of the plus sized options as they were not easily available at the time. The reviews were good for these jeans, and the price just right so I went ahead and ordered them. They arrived and I quickly tried them on.

They are heavenly.

They are a beautiful dark wash with a boot cut leg. The boot cut isn't too extreme so it doesn't hug you in the wrong places. There is just enough room in the waist to let you breathe without stretching out too much. And it really hugs your butt in the best way, something that plus sized gals tend to love!

I found a couple of different prices on a couple of different sites (levis.com, amazon.com, macys.com) so be sure to do the price checking for your size and wash. They run a little long (perfect for me, but probably not so perfect for others) so order the short or plan to get them hemmed. I have washed and worn them three times now and they have bounced back beautifully every time. What a great find!

No comments: